Department of Medicine 2020 Annual Day
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Department of Medicine Annual Day will be hosted virtually.
The Department of Medicine's Annual Day celebration is our opportunity to acknowledge faculty members and trainees who have generated and translated new knowledge, and demonstrated innovation in scholarship, research, teaching or clinical care.
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. Welcome & CWMGR/Annual Day Address – Dr. Gillian Hawker
12:30 – 1:20 p.m. Vice-Chair Address & Awards Announcements
- Dr. Arno Kumagai, Education
- Dr. Michael Farkouh, Research
- Dr. Kaveh Shojania, Quality & Innovation
- Dr. Lisa Richardson, Culture & Inclusion
1:20 – 1:30 p.m. Closing Remarks – Dr. Gillian Hawker
Event Log-In Information
If the above link does not work, please copy and paste the following into your browser:
Attendee Technical Requirements
- Mobile device or computer
- Obtain Attendee Link and click to open link
- If on a mobile device, please ensure that you have the MS Teams mobile app installed
- If on a computer, this event is best viewed using Google Chrome (MS Teams app is not required)
- When prompted, select "view on web" instead of opening on MS Teams desktop app
After clicking on link to join meeting
- MS Teams screen will appear in the web browser. Attendees have two options to access the live event.
- Web browser by clicking "Watch on the web instead." It is recommended to use Google Chrome.
- MS Teams app by clicking "Launch It Now." It is recommended to sign into the app prior to using the link, although MS Teams will automatically prompt an Attendee to sign in after launching the app.
- The welcome screen will appear and provide two options.
- Sign in using your email. Please ensure you full name is displayed (please avoid using anonymous user) Your name will automatically be shown when posting a question in the private Q & A. If there is time at the end of Annual Day we will work to address questions OR will forward to appropriate party after the event.
- You will immediately be brought into the live event. If the event has not started you will see "The live event hasn’t started."
- For additional help and resources click the "Need help?" link in the top right corner. It will take you to the MS Teams Overview and FAQ.