CALL FOR COVID-19 RELATED RESEARCH
To the Department of Medicine Research Community:
DOM is interested in supporting immediate and innovative studies to advance our knowledge regarding the global COVID-19 pandemic. This includes efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, care for patients afflicted with the virus, and ensure the ability of the healthcare system to continue caring for other patients who still need care.
This is a call for studies in the following areas:
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment, or diagnostic tools;
- Technologies that enable/accelerate the development/delivery of vaccines, drugs and diagnostic tests;
- Methods which facilitate monitoring, acceleration, production, supply and distribution of tools and resources;
- Method or approach to accelerate or improve clinical trials;
- Methods or approach for monitoring and controlling the evolution of the virus;
- Other topics that will inform how the healthcare system responds to the crisis.
Eligibility: All full time faculty in the Department of Medicine.
Funding available: The Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto has allocated one-time funding for studies related to COVID-19 - up to $30,000 per approved study.
Criteria: Studies proposed by a single institution will be accepted; however, highest priority will be given to those which involve multiple institutions. Funding should not be used for physician salary support.
Submission format to include:
- Proposal (maximum 2 pages), focused on the evaluation, treatment and prognosis related to COVID-19
- List of investigators
Submission deadline: April 6, 2020
Send to: Paula Capela, DOM Research Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions/assistance: Contact email@example.com or 416.978.4844.